Wednesday, December 2, 2009

These is my Words by Nancy Turner

These is my Words
by Nancy Turner

10 out of 10
I didn't think I would be rating a book so highly, but this book beat all of my expectations. I read it, loved it, and then proceeded to read it aloud to anyone I could get to listen. My husband was a captive audience on the car trip home from Arizona.

There were surprising gems of wisdom scattered throughout the book, and I find myself referencing them rather frequently. I also have spent some time debating whether I am more like Sarah or Savannah, if I come off like Edward's wife, and whether I could shoot someone square in the eyes. Is my relationship like Sarah and Jimmy's, or Sarah and Jack's? I think I've decided it's most like Savannah and Alfred's.

It's not really about any one thing, and I thought that perhaps it being written in diary format would be off-putting, but it really is not. I loved it so much I'm buying it. Or rather, I'm asking for it for Christmas, and if the hubby doesn't get the hint, I'm buying it myself in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment